Find your way around your camera and develop your basic photography skills in our one to one beginners guide to DSLR cameras. Our workshop is taught by skilled instructors who are professional photographers. This combined with our relaxed and unique course approach will allow you to take your camera off auto mode for good. By the time your workshop is finished, you will have the confidence to be able to use your camera’s full capabilities. This will mean you can begin to take the photographs you have always imagined.
As a beginner, photography and managing your camera settings can seem overwhelming. This course provides the perfect place to start you on your photographic journey. Learn what white balance, ISO, aperture and depth of field mean. See why filters are essential. Learn to nail your exposer and make your camera work for you. All this combined can take your photography to the next level now.
– Introduction to the DSLR, correct grip, and stance
– The main buttons – meanings and uses
– Basic do’s and don’ts
– Camera security and care
– Understanding image size and quality
– How the camera captures an image
– AF and MF – pros and cons
– Depth of Field and what it means for your photographs
– Shutter speed – what you need and when
– ISO – how and when to use different levels of sensitivity
– Image file formats – why and how we use them
– White balance
– Filters and their uses
– How to capture long exposure shots
– Tripods and monopods – how to use them and why
DSLR or mirrorless camera. Your camera’s instruction manual. Notepad and/or Laptop (optional). Tripod & filters (optional)
What’s Included/Not Included
Included: A light lunch and refreshments will be provided throughout the day. Free parking is available at our studio.
Not included: The cost of getting to and from our headquarters in Maidenhead is not included in the cost.
NOTE: This is a half-day one to one workshop based at our studio/headquarters in Maidenhead (we will not be out on location). Upon receiving your booking we will contact you to confirm the date that you would like to have your workshop. Prices quoted are per person. For groups of 2 or more, contact us for details.